To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Board and Staff Coordinator
The Reno Chamber Orchestra Board and Staff Coordinator provides support to leadership and enables proactive, healthy communication throughout the organization. This part-time, hourly position reports to the Executive Director. Key responsibilities include schedule and agenda coordination, message crafting and distribution, and oversight of grant efforts.
It is estimated at 20 hours per week, though hours may vary by season. Evening and weekend hours for events are required.
– Attend board meetings and support the Board Secretary in taking notes, drafting minutes, and submitting them for revisions.
– Support the Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Task Force in its meetings, and researching ideas and policies implemented by other organizations.
– Prepare and provide documents and information as requested by individuals or committees.
Grants and Messaging
– Maintain grants calendar for gifts from foundations and government entities which are regularly received. Support the drafting of language and preparation of materials for grant submissions.
– Assist at public RCO and NCMF concerts, special events, and other support duties as requested.
Other duties as assigned.
– Attention to detail and highly organized approach to data, event planning and patron communications.
– An engaging, comfortable manner with donors and volunteers, with a sense of diplomacy for handling sensitive information and interactions.
– Ability to work proactively and develop timelines to ensure progress on organizational development goals.
– Prior experience with nonprofit fundraising strategy and implementation.
– A working knowledge of the Reno nonprofit community, with experience with classical music highly desirable.
– This position is overseen by the Executive Director, and works closely with other staff positions, the Fund & Donor Development Committee chair, and other board leadership. The role oversees one ongoing office volunteer, and other episodic special event and development volunteers throughout the year.
Estimated Hours and Working Conditions:
– This is a part-time hourly position estimated at 20 hours per week. Evening and weekend hours are required during performance and event weeks.
– Working conditions are routine for an office environment. Proficiency in computers and online sharing technology and an ability to lift 20 lbs is required.
Patron Services Manager
The Patron Services Manager is the principal point of contact for ticket purchases and questions for the RCO office. The position reports to the Executive Director and supports effective and accurate communication externally and throughout the staff. This part-time position is estimated at 25 hours per week plus evening and weekend hours for special events. An ideal candidate will possess professional customer service skills and an aptitude for developing and maintaining efficient systems.
Customer Service and Sales
– Act as the lead staff person for ticketing setup, sales and questions in the office and at all performances. Respond to inquiries and requests in a timely, professional manner.
– Manage musician and organization complimentary tickets, and ticket donations to other nonprofits.
– Oversee RCO public business hours (10 AM – 3 PM), acting as the first point of contact for patrons and visitors.
– Manage phone and internet communication systems, office supplies, and equipment maintenance requests; maintain a list of regular RCO accounts and other key details.
– Reserve board and committee meeting rooms as requested.
Data and Volunteer Management
– Work with existing volunteers and structures to define and communicate clear volunteer roles for each public event; Oversee volunteer support on site at each event, track volunteer time and contributions, coordinate an annual volunteer feedback survey, and seek ways to recognize volunteers.
– Use the Arts People database to set up ticketing and enter patron data; continually work to ensure database accuracy and pull targeted contact lists and reports as requested.
Other Duties as assigned.
– Attention to detail, and a highly organized approach to managing office systems.
– A commitment to providing prompt, courteous customer service and support.
– A sense of diplomacy when handling sensitive information and interactions.
– Ability to motivate and manage volunteers in both office and concert venue settings.
– Experience with classical music and familiarity with Arts People or similar ticketing and donor database systems is highly desirable.
– Ticket office and event volunteers
Estimated Hours and Working Conditions:
– This is a part-time hourly position, estimated at 25 hours per week. Additional evening and weekend hours are required during approximately ten performance and event weeks per year.
– Event coordination and support requires routinely lifting and moving items and climbing stairs. In office hours and demands are routine for an office environment. Proficiency in computers and cloud based software and an ability to lift 20 lbs is required.