COVID-19 Safety Protocols
The Reno Chamber Orchestra and Nevada Chamber Music Festival take the health of our audience, musicians, and staff seriously, and are following evolving health recommendations throughout this time. We have two certified COVID Compliance Officers on staff to help follow and enforce best practices.
- The McKinley Arts and Culture Building where our staff works is closed to the public. Our staff is working remotely during this time. Responses to emails and voice messages can be expected within one business day
- We are allowing small, socially-distanced audiences as permitted by health regulations.
- Arrival and departure times are staggered to allow for proper distancing.
- Seating is limited, with different households spaced at least six feet apart.
- All audience members, musicians, and staff complete a COVID screening questionnaire and have their temperature checked upon entering the venue.
- There are no physical tickets or program notes. Audience names will be checked off a list as they arrive, and program notes can be viewed on our website.
- Masks that cover the mouth and nose are required to be worn the entire time while inside the venue.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the venue.
- We are following guidelines to include as many musicians and instruments as possible.
- Musicians use the same chair and stand for every rehearsal and performance.
- Musicians are seated at least six feet apart.
- Musicians complete a COVID screening questionnarie and have their temperature checked upon entering the venue.