Event safety & protocols
Health & Safety Protocols
In order to ensure the safety of our audiences, musicians and staff the following safety protocols have been enacted for all Reno Chamber Orchestra (RCO) and Nevada Chamber Music Festival (NCMF) events, effective immediately:
- Masks are required to be worn at all times unless actively eating or drinking regardless of vaccination status.
- All patrons must be vaccinated and show proof of vaccination with a valid photo ID to gain entry to each concert.
- Patrons who cannot be vaccinated because of a medical condition must show a physician’s letter of explanation and a negative COVID-19 PCR test result taken within 72 hours of the performance.
- Patrons under 12 years of age must show proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of the performance.
Proof of vaccination, physician notes, and negative test results must be shown at the door to gain entry to all RCO and NCMF events.
Only COVID-19 PCR test results will be accepted. NO RAPID TESTS OR AT HOME TESTS
About the Venues:
Nightingale Concert Hall, 1335 N Virginia St, Reno, NV 89512
Located on the University of Nevada-Reno campus in the Church Fine Arts Building.
1. Parking and entry:
Parking is available in the Brian J. Whalen Parking Complex parking garage to the north of the Church Fine Arts Building and in lots across the campus.
A bus stop pull-through provides drop off access.
Acro Enso, 601 E 4th St. Reno, NV 89512
During the pandemic, the RCO has been grateful to develop a relationship with Acro Enso, an acrobatics and movement center located in a large, converted warehouse. The open design of the building allows for maximum social distancing, but comes with a few unique features:
1. Parking and entry:
Parking is available in front of the venue on Elko Ave and along either side of E. 4th St. within blocks of the venue. Parking on 4th St. is particularly recommended for evening performances, as the street has good lighting and is well traveled.
Please enter through the door on Elko Ave., between E. 4th and E. 5th St.
2. Expect to remove your shoes.
Due to Acro Enso’s specialized dance floor, guests are asked to remove shoes upon entering. There is a place to store your shoes upon check-in. Please wear socks or stockings, or bring an additional pair of soft soled house slippers that have not been worn outside to wear while you are inside the venue.
This century-old building is well updated, but restrooms are limited to a few per gender. In order to maintain social distancing and sanitizing protocols, please plan ahead and anticipate longer breaks between music to allow for restroom use.
In the interest of safety, the concert schedule is altered to allow breaks to increase air flow. Please anticipate a longer than usual program with increased intermission time.